A Cheat Sheet to a “Picture” Perfect Laundry Room
Doesn't the smell of fresh clean sheets and towels bring a smile to everyone’s face?! We've come up with a cheat sheet that’s sure to make potential buyers actually get excited about doing laundry in your laundry room.
House Dressings' tips for smile-happy laundry rooms:
- First step – tidy up
- start by packing up anything you won’t need until after the move
- store extra clutter in cabinets & cupboards
- remove any miscellaneous storage from above cabinets and top of second fridge
- install wall-mounted racks for hanging brooms & mops to help get them off the floor – remember, the floor is not for storage!
- "Cute-ify" the clutter
- add glass canisters filled with wooden clothes pins, dryer sheets, or spiky & colorful plastic dryer balls
- Open shelving should be visually pleasing
- display functional & matching on-trend storage baskets & bins
- The only visible laundry should be a short stack of neatly folded matching towels
- To really make them smile and say hello - add art!
- "painting with a twist" type of art, inspirational sayings, your children’s art
- And please don't forget that welcoming pop of green
- an artificial succulent makes the perfect accent
- Finish the look with a colorful & fun rug!